The air is crisp and cool, folks! The leaves are changing. I’ve been drinking hot tea like it’s going out of style and wearing wool socks like it’s my job. I’m ready to snuggle into my favorite season. Every year, I have a long list of fall fun I want our family to experience together. We have done some amazing things already, and I can’t wait for more adventures! Below are my favorite things to experience in fall!
1. All Things Apple! Apple picking, check. Apple pie making, check. Next on the list, my favorite recipe for apple crisp.
2. A trip to the Adventure Farm- We have some awesome farms around these parts. Our favorite has a 50 foot long slide and a rooster rustle!
3. Corn Maze- Another awesome farm with one of the top 10 corn mazes in the US!
4. Pumpkin Patch- Hayride? Yes please! I can’t wait to pick my pumpkin off the vine. Our first gardening attempt came up empty. Our pumpkins took over the whole garden and we have nothing to show for it but a baseball sized green pumpkin 🙂
5. Soup- ALL THE TIME. New favorite!!! Lemon Chicken Orzo. I was a little bit scared of this recipe, because it involves tempering, but it was so worth it. And… I learned something new. (With the help of my Mom!)
6. Smart Wool Socks- I get mine on Sierra Trading Post because they are way less expensive!
7. Pumpkin Muffins- 100 days of Real Food people! Loving this cookbook and the recipes I’ve been trying.
8. Maple EVERYTHING, but especially Maple Almond Butter Cookies, I’ll share the recipe soon!
9. Pumpkin Carving- ’nuff said
10. Halloween Costume Making- My favorites from the past few years are the penguin hoodies (similar to these), Minnie Mouse for me, and Jack’s DIY sock monkey from a sweater from two years ago. Last year, I had the cutest little Lightning McQueen charging around in his homemade out of a diaper box costume, and the sweetest little Queen Bee made from a yellow onesie, yellow and black baby legs, and an Aden and Anais swaddle. All items we already owned! I can’t wait to show you what I’m cooking up for this year!
11. Hot Tea– ALL DAY LONG. Still rocking my favorite lactation tea this year!
12. Football Games and Tailgating- Big Ten Football! We were already able to go to a game this year!
13. Hiking in the foliage and taking pictures!
14. Raking leaves and jumping in them
15. Scaring the bejeezus out of myself by watching scary movies. (must have husband or parents close by!)
16. Thanksgiving crafts- Last year we had so much fun making pilgrim and indian hats!
17. Halloween crafts- We are going to the handprint witch this year.
18. Watchlist: Scream, Halloween, Practical Magic. Note to self: Binge watch Ghost Whisperer on Netflix…a lot.
19. Hot Yoga- I love nothing more than getting all hot and sweaty and then walking outside in the cool air but not feeling cold!
20. Fall Nail Polish: I would love to try this one by Scotch Naturals.
Happy Fall Ya’ll!