It’s time for pumpkin patches and hayrides. It’s time for Halloween! (I unfortunately did not come up with that little rhyme… it’s from one of Jack’s books that I have completely memorized)
Let’s focus on the The Fresh Picked Apples. YUM! We went apple picking a few days ago and came back with (excuse my french but there is no other way to describe this) a shitload of apples! We had tons of fun and it was beautiful out. We have so many apples I think I’ll be able to make more than a few bread, apple butter, and pie recipes in the coming weeks!
Cream Cheese Apple Bread
For the Bread
- 2 Apples
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 Cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning (or cinnamon & nutmeg)
Cream Cheese Topping
- 6 oz cream cheese (I used 8 because you can never have too much cream cheese…) *apparently you can have too much… Use the 6 instead of the 8. It was very cheesecake and I wasn’t a fan (but dave really liked that part!)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Chop your apples into small pieces or grate. I peeled my apples, and pureed 1 apple and sliced the other. Place into a large mixing bowl Add wet ingredients and mix, then add dry ingredients and mix.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and egg either with a fork or mixer. Pour over the top of the batter. Using a fork or knife, gently swirl the two layers together.
- Bake for 30 min with a loosely covered tin foil tent. Remove foil and continue to bake an additional 15-20 min until a toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing