Happy 4th of July!
And… Ok…this is just a recipe for Strawberry Pie. Since I’m making it on July 4th, I’m calling it patriotic. (since it’s red duh). This is my Mom’s recipe and my first attempt at it.
*Pillsbury Ready Made Pie Crust
6 Cups Strawberries
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
1. Bake pie crust according to directions. Let it back and cool while you’re completing the rest of the steps.
2. Wash and cut your Strawberries. You should have about 6 cups after cutting.
3. Measure 1 Cup of strawberries and mash them with a potato masher.
4. Mix 1 C sugar with 3 tablespoons cornstarch
5. Pour Mashed berries in saucepan then cover with sugar cornstarch mixture and 1/2 C of water
6. Cook and stir constantly until thick and boiling. You will see it start to thicken and turn a bright red in color. It should take about 1-2 minutes of boiling. Turn of heat set aside and cool.
7. Fill bottom of pie shell with berries and pour heated berry mixture on top
8. Refrigerate 2 hours before serving
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top!
* I’m suggesting Pillsbury crust because I used some cheap ass off brand and it didn’t even fill up my standard sized pie plate. (See in the pic?!) I should have listened to Mom! Get the Pillsbury…